Date: Wednesday, March 6
Time: 6 p.m.
Location: In-person meeting in the Raven Room, Municipal Hall
If you are interested in participating in this committee meeting, review instructions for public participation in committee meetings.
Community Awards recognize the efforts and commitment of many West Vancouver residents.
The Awards Committee is a select committee of Council and oversees an annual, ongoing District program. Consistent with our Vision, the District will recognize personal civic commitment in several aspects of community life. An effective recognition process will strengthen the relationship that will help “secure our treasured quality of life and will be the measure of our success as a community”. To this end, a formal yearly recognition program is to be developed that delivers on the criteria set out in the “Duties” below.
- Consolidate the three current award programs (Heritage, Youth, Environment) into one program.
- Consider any additional award categories that should be added to this program.
- Create program objectives, categories and selection processes.
- Establish criteria for the award selection process and work with staff on calls for nominations.
- Assist staff in planning and implementation of award ceremony(ies) and related publicity.
- Identify staff and financial resource requirements year-over-year to maintain a model community recognition program.
Charlotte Burns (Chair), Laura Endler, Alan Hendi, Shannon Hennessy, Sanaz Mani, Parvin Mayan, Louise Paton, Margot Ware (Acting Chair), and Julie Waterhouse.