West Vancouver has some of the most biodiverse natural areas in the region that provide us with clean air, fresh drinking water and amazing recreational opportunities. With increasing pressures on our environment, protecting and enhancing natural assets is needed for long-term sustainability.
Environmental stewardship is about caring for our natural assets. District of West Vancouver staff and local stewardship groups lead many stewardship initiatives. There are plenty of ways for you to get involved!
The actions we take as stewards include:
- invasive species removal and management
- tree canopy and forest habitat protection
- creek and riparian areas management for fish and wildlife
- habitat box installations for bees and bats
Ways you can get involved:
- connect with a local stewardship group
- talk to your neighbours about removing invasive plants from private property in your community
Volunteer with Us
Make a difference for our environment by caring for, enhancing and protecting green spaces. With more than 140 parks and natural areas in West Vancouver, there are many environmental initiatives for you to support and get involved with.
Visit the links below to become a District volunteer or join an upcoming event.
Below is information on current stewardship groups in West Vancouver, including contact information and website links (if available). If you are interested in more information, including joining a group, please use the contact information provided.