The Community Grants program helps residents of West Vancouver by providing funding assistance to non-profit organizations offering programs and services residents need.
Funding non-profit community organizations enables us to meet several objectives:
- support for a diverse infrastructure of community non-profit organizations and services that respond to a broad spectrum of needs and interests;
- local government endorsement for non-profit community organizations and partners to better attract funding from senior levels of government, donors, and foundations;
- seed money that allows quick responses to changing and/or unmet community needs and interests
The grant application process and questions asked on the application forms correspond with the revised Community Grants Program Framework that was approved by District Council in November 2017.
For information on the District’s Community Grants Program, including:
- District priorities;
- available grant streams and types of grants;
- eligibility requirements;
- types of activities the program does not fund;
- the Basic grant adjudication process; and
- basic guidelines to apply
Please review the District's Grants Framework (PDF).
Watch this page for other upcoming grant opportunities and for information on 2021 and 2022 grant follow-up requirements
Prior Year Grant Recipients
A Community Grants Committee is appointed by Council to review applications and make recommendations to Council on Community Grants.