District of West Vancouver established the Community Grants Program to support not-for-profit organizations that deliver social, arts, cultural, and community services for citizens of West Vancouver.
The Community Grants Program benefits residents of West Vancouver by:
- supporting diverse not-for-profit organizations and youth responding to a broad spectrum of community needs and interests;
- providing local government endorsement for community organizations to better attract funding from senior levels of government, donors, and foundations; and
- encouraging civic engagement, service, and volunteerism.
Community Grants Framework Policy & Procedure
The grant application process and questions asked on the application forms correspond with the Community Grants Framework Policy approved by the District of West Vancouver Council in November 2023 and the Community Grants Framework Procedure approved by the Municipal Manager.
For information on the District’s Community Grants Program, including:
- eligibility requirements;
- types of activities the program does not fund;
- the basic grant adjudication process; and
- funding acknowledgement and reporting
Community Grants Program Application Guidelines
For additional information regarding the Grants Program including annual deadlines and adjudication guidelines, please review the Application Guidelines.
Prior Year Grant Recipients
For more information or questions, please contact: [email protected]
A Community Grants Advisory Panel works with staff to review applications and make recommendations to Council on Community Grants.