Do you know an individual or group that makes outstanding volunteer contributions to West Vancouver? The 2022 West Vancouver Community Awards program is now open and accepting nominations.
Note: The application deadline has been extended to May 3, 2022.
About the Awards Program:
Community Awards recognize the efforts and commitments made by individual volunteers and groups to build a stronger community and enhance our quality of life.
The annual Community Awards ceremony honours dedicated community members in the following five categories:
ARTS & CULTURE AWARD
- recognizing those individuals or groups who make exceptional contributions to the visual, literary, and performing arts, or who advocate for cultural diversity and vitality
COMMUNITY COMMITMENT AWARD
- recognizing unsung heroes, individuals, or groups who make outstanding contributions to the community, lead by example, and inspire excellence through community commitment in dynamic participation, leadership, and active citizenship
- recognizing those individuals or groups who make significant contributions in environmental stewardship, protection, and education
- recognizing those individuals or groups who make exceptional contributions to the preservation of West Vancouver’s natural, built, and cultural heritage through conservation, projects, education, or advocacy
HEALTH, WELLNESS & ACTIVITY
- recognizing those individuals or groups who make exceptional contributions to enhancing mental, physical, emotional well-being, and active lifestyles in the community.