Do you know an individual or group that makes outstanding volunteer contributions to West Vancouver? The Awards Program is now open and accepting nominations.
Nominations for 2021 are now closed. Please view the award recipients below.
About the Awards Program:
Community Awards recognize the efforts and commitments made by individual volunteers and groups to build a stronger community and enhance our quality of life.
The annual Community Awards ceremony honours dedicated community members in the following five categories:
ARTS & CULTURE AWARD
- recognizing those individuals or groups who make exceptional contributions to the visual, literary, and performing arts, or who advocate for cultural diversity and vitality
COMMUNITY COMMITMENT AWARD
- recognizing unsung heroes, individuals, or groups who make outstanding contributions to the community, lead by example, and inspire excellence through community commitment in dynamic participation, leadership, and active citizenship
- recognizing those individuals or groups who make significant contributions in environmental stewardship, protection, and education
- recognizing those individuals or groups who make exceptional contributions to the preservation of West Vancouver’s natural, built, and cultural heritage through conservation, projects, education, or advocacy
HEALTH, WELLNESS & ACTIVITY AND COVID-19 PANDEMIC RESPONSE AWARD
- recognizing those individuals or groups who make exceptional contributions to enhancing mental, physical, emotional well-being, and active lifestyles in the community including but not limited to COVID-19 pandemic response