Rock scaling work
- Expect potential delays, single-lane alternating traffic, and pedestrian impacts on the 7100 block of Marine Drive, adjacent to Whytecliff Park, between Rockland Wynd and Odlum Crt, from Thursday, November 23 to Saturday, November 25 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. due to rock scaling work to reduce rock fall risk and improve safety along this corridor.
- There will be intermittent road closures and delays of up to 30 minutes at a time.
- Please use alternate routes to avoid delays and traffic congestion around the area.
Whytecliff Park is located at the beautiful corner of Howe Sound has a rugged coastline and spectacular views of colourful mountains and passing boats. The waters off the park are famous for their incredible diving. You’ll also find a playground, picnic spots, a swimming beach and tennis courts in the 15+ hectare park.
Things to do in the Park
- Scuba Diving
This is a great spot for beginner and experienced divers. Expect to see rockfish, lingcod, crab, sculpin, anemones, starfish, harbour seal, and the occasional wolf eel and giant octopus in this designated Saltwater Marine Protected Area.
Take advantage of the free public tennis courts, available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The protected bay at Whytecliff is a great spot to cool off during the hot summer days.
- Have Lunch at the Café
Enjoy delicious burgers, smoked meat sandwiches, healthy sides, ice cream, and housemade snacks at the café in the park.
- Walking & Hiking
There are a few short trails to satisfy walkers. The views of Howe Sound and the distant Tantalus Mountains should not be missed.
- Weddings in Parks
Known for its picturesque environment, Whytecliff Park and its Bassendale Terrace area create an ideal outdoor wedding location. The semi-secluded terrace offers views over the beach and Whyte Island, and is protected by native vegetation and natural rock.
Weddings in Parks
Public parking at the park is limited and fills up quickly in good weather. Parking lots will be closed when full. Please have an alternate plan and follow the instructions of traffic control personnel.
Toilets are available for use at two locations within Whytecliff Park:
- The main washroom building is located in the northwest corner of the parking lot. The washroom hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Two portable toilets are available at the south end of the parking lot beside the main path down to the beach.
The lower washroom and changeroom are closed. Please use the facilities in the parking lot before heading down to the beach.
The concession is open daily from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Concession contact info: