Women’s washroom now open
- Work to renovate the Ambleside Park women’s washroom is complete and the washroom is now open.
- A new outdoor shower has been installed on the north-east side of the washroom building. This new shower replaces the shower on the beach that was damaged during the 2022 winter storm season.
As West Vancouver’s gateway park, Ambleside is well used by both West Vancouver residents and visitors. Enjoy spectacular views of Stanley Park and downtown Vancouver.
Things to do in the Park
Home to a newly renovated skateboard section at the centre of boards, blades and baskets. Popular for basketball, street-style skateboarding, roller hockey, in-line skating and bicycling. Located near the beach and playground.
- Tennis Courts
Enjoy three courts on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please restrict games to 30 minutes if others are waiting, and respect court reservation times for lessons.
Know more about Ambleside Tennis Courts
Ambleside Park has sandy beaches and a designated swim area monitored by lifeguards in the summer. Enjoy this popular swimming spot, but please supervise children at all times and always swim with a buddy.
- Ambleside Par 3 Golf Course
Looking for something to do on a sunny day? Test your golf skills at this beautiful waterfront Pitch and Putt!
Know more about the Ambleside Par 3 course
Public parking at the park is limited and fills up quickly in good weather. Parking lots will be closed when full. Please have an alternate plan and follow the instructions of traffic control personnel.
Lifeguards will be on duty beginning Monday, June 26, 2023 through Monday, September 4, 2023, during the following hours:
- Monday–Sunday: 12–7 p.m.
Please note that lifeguard service is weather-dependent.
- Ambleside Fieldhouse washrooms are open year-round from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Concession washrooms are open year-round from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Ambleside Par 3 washrooms are open during golf hours. Check the webpage for hours.
The Boat Shed is open daily.
- Sunday to Thursday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Check their website for the latest information.
Dogs in Ambleside Park
Leashed dogs are permitted on the paved footpaths in Ambleside Park.