COVID-19 Updates


To learn more about closures and our response to COVID-19, and for updates on District operations, visit


Land Development

The District works to ensure that new development is serviced by appropriate levels of utilities and provides engineering review of development applications and building permits.

boulevard encroachment permit

Boulevards are municipal property, but also form a natural extension of properties for purposes of access. While landscaping and maintenance of our boulevards are encouraged, we also need to ensure that anything that is placed (or grows) within the boulevard does not affect municipal services, reduce public safety or restrict public access. More Information

Erosion & Sediment Control

Any new construction or high-risk work also requires a Sediment and Erosion Control Plan. Low-risk projects may be exempt from this process. Learn more. More Information

Traffic Management Plan

The District of West Vancouver requires a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) to be submitted for acceptance by the Land Development Department prior to the issuance of a demolition/excavation/foundation/new construction permit. More Information


We are still open for business and here to accept new applications and documents for existing applications electronically. 

Land Development

Staff are here to assist you by phone, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.



Staff Contacts

Click or call before you dig

Use the mapping tool to check your legal property lines, and always click or call BC OneCall to check what is under the ground before you dig.



BC One Call