Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Municipal Hall is closed to the public until further notice. Application submissions are currently being accepted digitally. Please email your submission to the Planning Department:
Digital drawings must meet the District’s digital submission requirements, as follows:
- PDF format, original size and correctly scaled
- A verifiable digital seal is not required at the planning application stage but will be required when applying for a building permit
Label each digital submission as follows:
Address – Document Title
example: 750 17th Street – Development Application Form
Revisions to applications must be sent to the planner assigned to the project. Please submit a full set of drawings including the revised pages. Revisions must meet the following requirements:
- Changes clearly indicated (bubbled) on the plans
- Provide a Summary of Revisions letter, itemizing responses to requested changes
Label the revised documents in accordance with the following naming standard:
Address – Document Title – Revised
750 17th Street – Architectural Drawings – Revised January 1, 2021
To make a payment, select “Pay for Permit” and enter the folder number provided by staff. Please note that payment must be received and processed before staff review can begin.
Contact the Planning Department
While our front counter is closed at Municipal Hall, the best way to contact the Planning Department for enquiries is by email.
If you have an active planning application, please contact the planner working on your project directly.
COVID-19 Policy for Public Engagement
Step 1: Preliminary Development Proposal
The preliminary process is the first step for specific types of development proposals and is completed prior to the submission of a full formal application. The process aims to help applicants identify and discuss potential issues and concerns with District staff and the community in the early stages of a development proposal.
A Preliminary Development Proposal is required for the following types of applications:
- Official Community Plan amendments & Rezonings
- Heritage Revitalization Agreements
- Heritage Alteration Permits for properties located within the Lower Caulfield Heritage Conservation Area
The following fees apply as per Bylaw 5025, 2019:
- $750 with 3 or less residential units
- $1,500 with 4-20 residential units
- $2,000 with 21+ residential units $2,000
Please refer to Council Policy 02-80-377, 2017 for the preliminary development proposal and public consultation process.
The submission requirements can be found in the Preliminary Development Proposal Form.
Step 2: Submit Full Application
After the Preliminary Development Proposal process is complete, the full application can be submitted. Applicants are to complete the appropriate application form and submit all required materials and studies as identified in the preliminary process.