Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy
The District of West Vancouver (the District) is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the Act), as are all local governments, and most provincial public bodies. The Act ensures that public bodies are more accountable and open to the public. This is accomplished through a balance of the public’s right to “Freedom of Information” and “Protection of Privacy”.
- Freedom of Information - To make public bodies more open and accountable by providing the public with a legislated right of access to government records
- Protection of Privacy - To protect your right to privacy by prohibiting the unauthorized collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by public bodies
- is applicable to all records defined in Schedule 1 of the Act in the custody of the local government, subject to exceptions provided for in the Act.
- does not replace other procedures for access to information, or limit in any way access to information that is not personal and is available to the public
- allows the public to request copies of government records and receive them in a timely manner
The District does not process access to records requests for the following organizations:
To request information from these public bodies you must contact them directly.