Projects by the District of West Vancouver and partner agencies:
Short term work impacting traffic
Lions Gate Bridge lane closure
- The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is replacing the lane control system on Lions Gate Bridge. Work will begin in mid-June and drivers can expect single lane closures from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday to Thursday, with schedule adjustments as work progresses. Project details.
Taylor Way between Main Street (located in Park Royal South) and Keith Road
- Work to connect the new watermain to the watermains on Evelyn Drive and Clyde Avenue will begin on Wednesday, June 9. Work will take place between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. or later if necessary to complete the work. Expect minor traffic delays and potential detours on Evelyn Drive and Clyde Avenue during this work. Project details.
Trans-Canada HWY/BC-1W towards Horseshoe Bay, on-ramp from Cypress Bowl Road
- Expect minor delays at the on-ramp from Cypress Bowl Road merging westbound onto Trans-Canada HWY/BC-1W towards Horseshoe Bay, from Monday, June 21 to Friday, June 25 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. due to culvert repairs.
- There will be intermittent single-lane closures during the work for both eastbound and westbound traffic on Trans-Canada HWY/BC-1, BC-99 in the through lanes. For daily updates, check drivebc.ca.
Long term work impacting traffic
Ferry Building restoration (1414 Argyle Avenue)
- Eight parking spots beside the Ferry Building Gallery will be closed throughout the construction phase of the project to accommodate the construction activity. Traffic and pedestrian flow, as well as other parking disruptions to the north of the gallery on Argyle Avenue, will occur intermittently during construction activity. Learn more.
Welch Street bridge improvements
- Expect intermittent delays and single-lane alternating traffic on Welch Street Bridge due to pedestrian and cycling improvement work. This project is expected to be substantially completed by early August. Details.
Headland Drive, between Sprucefeild Road and HWY 1, and Caulfeild Drive between Headland Drive and Rutland Road
- Expect minor traffic delays starting Monday, June 14 for approximately two to three months, due to work to install a new section of watermain and fire hydrants. Work hours will be between 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday, or as necessary to complete the project.
- Construction signage and traffic control personnel will be on-site to assist with traffic flow.