Projects by the District of West Vancouver and partner agencies:
Short term work impacting traffic
Spencer Court, south of Spencer Drive
- Expect minor traffic impacts and full road closure of Spencer Place south of Spencer Drive beginning Tuesday, April 13, between 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on weekdays for approximately two to three weeks due to a gas line upgrade.
- Spencer Place will be accessible to local area traffic only.
Rosebery Avenue and 30th Street
- Expect minor traffic impacts and full road closure of Rosebery Avenue west of 30th beginning Tuesday, April 13, between 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on weekdays for approximately three to four weeks due to a gas line upgrade.
- Rosebery Avenue west of 30th will be open for local area traffic only.
Bellevue Avenue between 13th Street and 14th Street
- Expect traffic delays and single-lane alternating traffic on Bellevue Avenue between 13th Street and 14th Street beginning on Tuesday, April 13 for two to three days to accommodate the delivery of a permanent public artwork to be installed on the south side of the Grosvenor Ambleside galleria. Details.
Road marking work around the District
- Expect minor traffic impacts beginning Monday, March 29, for approximately two weeks due to road marking work, including painting centre lines, stop bars, lane markings, and pedestrian crosswalks. This work will be conducted by Scottish Line Painting.
- Locations include 15th Street and Fulton Avenue, Southborough Drive and Highland Drive, 25th Street between Haywood Avenue and Mathers Avenue, Royal Avenue between Bruce Street and Bay Street, and the bus lane along the 700 block of Marine Drive.
- To reduce traffic impacts, some work will occur overnight. Please note road marking work is weather-dependant.
Caulfeild Rogers Communications Work (Caulfeild Drive, Willow Creek Road, Cherbourg Drive, Keith Road and Marine Drive)
- Expect minor delays and intermittent traffic control between Wednesday, March 24 and Friday, May 7, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. due to Rogers Communications work. This work will be conducted by AFL Global.
Long term work impacting traffic
Highland Drive, between Highland Place and Hillside Road
- Expect minor traffic delays starting Monday, March 22 for approximately six weeks, due to work to installation of a fire hydrant. Work hours will be between 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, or as necessary to complete the project.
6600–7000 Blocks of Marine Drive (between Imperial Avenue and Copper Cove Road)
- Expect intermittent delays of approximately one minute due to single-lane, alternating traffic on Marine Drive between Imperial Avenue and Copper Cove Road beginning Monday, February 8 for slope stabilization work.
- Due to Covid-related delays in the delivery of materials, construction is temporarily paused. Work is expected to resume in mid-April, and is anticipated to be complete in early May. Updates will be posted here when available.
Welch Street bridge improvements
- Expect intermittent delays and single-lane alternating traffic on Welch Street Bridge beginning Tuesday, March 9 due to pedestrian and cycling improvement work. This project is expected to be substantially completed by early August. Details.