Projects by the District of West Vancouver and partner agencies with upcoming work are posted here.
When necessary, construction signage and traffic control personnel will be on-site to assist traffic flow and pedestrian safety. Please use extra caution while travelling through construction zones.
Major event road closures are also posted on this page.
Short-term work impacting traffic
4400 block Marine Drive
- Expect minor traffic delays and single-lane, alternating traffic on the 4400 block of Marine Drive between Keith Road and Piccadilly North between Tuesday, September 20 and Tuesday, September 27 owing to concrete work.
- Construction will take place Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
September 19 to October 7
Highway 1 westbound, adjacent to Westbound Exit 7/Westmount Road/Westridge Avenue
- Highway 1 westbound, adjacent to Exit 7/Westmount Road/Westridge Avenue, will experience rolling closures between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m., starting Monday, September 19 for approximately three weeks owing to blasting work to continue construction of the East Leg of the Five Creeks Stormwater Flood Protection Project.
- Rolling closures will cause temporary delays in westbound vehicle flow, of up to one minute at a time and is being completed in the evening per Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure requirements to take advantage of low traffic volumes.
- All required blasting will be carefully considered, kept to a minimum and will be completed in accordance with District regulations and bylaws.
6200 block Marine Drive, between Orchill Road and Gleneagles Ch'axáý Elementary School
- Expect minor traffic delays and single-lane alternating traffic on the 6200 block of Marine Drive, between Orchill Road and Gleneagles Ch'axáý Elementary School, on Saturday, September 24, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. for geotechnical surveying work. This is related to upcoming road restoration work following the watermain and fire hydrant installation that will be completed shortly.
1300 block Marine Drive
There will be temporary parking restrictions affecting approximately three to four parking spots on the south side of the 1300 block of Marine Drive, adjacent to 1380 Marine Drive, on Wednesday, September 28 to Friday, September 23, between 7:30 am to 4 p.m. due to generator testing work at the Grosvenor Ambleside.
SEPTEMBER 27–OCTOBER 14
1900 block Gordon Avenue
- Expect traffic impacts and a full road closure in the 1900 block of Gordon Avenue, between 19th Street and 20th Street from Tuesday, September 27 until Friday, October 14, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., owing to BC Hydro work.
- Local access will remain, but please be aware there may be temporary impacts to driveway access.
1500 block, south side of Marine Drive
- District crews will perform exploratory work and minor repairs on a catch basin located in the roadway adjacent to 1544 Marine Drive on Wednesday, September 28 between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- One eastbound traffic lane will be closed, between 1544 Marine Drive to the corner of 15th Street and Marine Drive.
- There will be temporary no parking between 1544 Marine Drive and the corner of 15th Street and Marine Drive.
- Business and pedestrian access will remain.
1400 block Argyle Avenue (Ferry Building Gallery)
- From Monday, October 3 to Friday, October 7, between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., there will be additional parking restrictions and a full road closure on Argyle Avenue between 14th Street and 15th Street. These road closures are to facilitate BC Hydro work at the Ferry Building Gallery. This work is anticipated to take up to five days to complete; however, the construction timeline is subject to change dependent on weather and contractor availability.
Long-term work impacting traffic
27th Street, between Mathers Avenue and Palmerston Avenue
- Expect minor traffic delays on 27th Street between Mathers Avenue and Palmerston Avenue, starting Monday, September 19 for approximately six weeks, owing to the installation of a new section of watermain and fire hydrants.
- Work hours will be between 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, or as necessary to complete the project.
- 27th Street and Nelson Avenue will be kept open during construction, however, there may be times when vehicle access and parking may be restricted.
Keith Road, between Third Street and the Highway 1 overpass
- UPDATE: Work to install the new sanitary main and sanitary services on Keith Road between Third Street and the Highway 1 overpass is now complete. Minor works to address asphalt deficiencies on the roadway will be completed as soon as contractor availability allows.
Highway 1 westbound Exit 7/Westmount Road/Westridge Avenue
- UPDATE: Highway 1 westbound Exit 7 will remain closed to allow for the tunnelling works to install the stormwater diversion crossings underneath Highway 1.
- As a result of the closure, westbound traffic seeking to exit Highway 1 at Exit 7/Westmount Road/Westridge Avenue will be detoured via Highway 1 Exit 4/Woodgreen Drive/Headland Drive. Drivers are advised to follow the detour route posted on construction signage.
- An updated timeline will be provided in September.
Highway 1 westbound on-ramp Exit 8/Cypress Bowl Road
- UPDATE: Highway 1 westbound on-ramp Exit 8/Cypress Bowl Road will remain closed to allow for the installation of the East Leg of the stormwater diversion system.
- This closure will impact traffic seeking to enter Highway 1 westbound at on-ramp Exit 8/Cypress Bowl Road. Drivers are advised to follow the posted construction signage.
- An updated timeline will be provided in September.
Headland Drive, between Sprucefeild Road and HWY 1
- UPDATE: Installation of the new section of watermain and fire hydrants, and road restoration work is now complete. Work to reinstate pavement markings will be scheduled shortly.
- Expect minor traffic delays due to work to install a new section of watermain and fire hydrants. Work hours will be between 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday, or as necessary to complete the project.