Cycling is a great way to get around the community. It burns calories, adds muscle, and it leaves zero carbon footprint.
Get familiar with cycling routes by reviewing the maps below.
Did you know that you can bring your bike on transit? All TransLink and Blue Bus buses have bike racks. Visit TransLink's website to learn more.
New bikes racks for west vancouver
The District, in coordination with the Ambleside and Dundarave Business Improvement Association, has installed bike racks in the commercial areas of Ambleside and Dundarave. Racks were installed along Spirit Trail from Ambleside Park to 18th Street, as well as at District facilities.
The District installed two types of racks: a standard U-shaped rack for the majority of locations, along with the two winning designs from the 2019 bike rack design contest.
Before your ride
- get a tune-up every spring before your first ride to ensure that your brakes, tires, drive train and other components are road-ready
- equip your bicycle with a bell
- get reflective clothing and front and rear lights to make you more visible to other road users
- before every ride, check to make sure you inflate your tires, check that your lights are working and that all of your components are road-ready
During your ride
always wear your helmet, reflective clothing and turn your lights on (night-time and day-time too)
- yield to pedestrians and be extra careful at intersections and school zones
- obey all traffic lights and stop signs
- try to stay on bicycle paths and roads with designated bike lanes
- when riding on multi-use paths, ride slowly and watch for pedestrians, dogs and other path users
- be careful around parked cars and watch for opening doors
- in wet weather, take precautions and allow for extra stopping time
- don’t wear headphones while riding
- stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water or sports drink before, during and after your ride
After your ride
- check your bike to make sure nothing has come loose or requires attention
- stow your bike carefully and ensure none of its components get damaged