The Boyd House (985 Duchess Avenue)
A Heritage Revitalization Agreement (HRA) for 985 Duchess Avenue (Boyd House) was approved by the District. The HRA effectively:
- maintains and protects the existing heritage residence (the "Boyd House");
- allows an additional residence on the southern portion of the site; and
- allows subdivision of the site into two separate lots with vehicular access to the new residence/lot from Duchess Avenue.
Notable dates for the project:
- The Heritage Advisory Committee supported the proposal on April 16, 2019, provided that minor revisions were addressed.
- The HRA and associated Heritage Designation Bylaw were given first reading by Council on December 2, 2019.
- Public Information Meeting (organized by the applicant) held on January 8, 2020.
- Public Hearing held on January 13, 2020.
- HRA Bylaw and Heritage Designation Bylaw given 4th reading (adoption) on March 30, 2020.