Community Heritage Register
The Community Heritage Register is a list properties or resources that are formally recognized as having heritage value.
Having property listed on the register does not prevent a property owner from altering their property, as long as the alterations follow existing laws, such as the BC Building Code, Zoning Bylaw, etc.
A listing on the Register establishes eligibility for:
- heritage conservation incentives available through a Heritage Revitalization Agreement (HRA) which may include allowing:
- an increase in square footage and density per lot or potential for density transfer
- conversion of single-family homes into multi-family use (e.g., duplex, triplex)
- variances to zoning regulations including setbacks, height, lot size, site coverage etc.
- fee-simple subdivisions with the addition of new home(s)
- infill options (such as cottages or coach houses) on the same lot that are stratified or rental
- relaxations to off-street parking requirements
- property to be used as a “ bed and breakfast” and “short-term vacation rental” accommodation
- special provisions within the BC Building Code
For more information, view the Community Heritage Register brochure:
The register includes 171 heritage resources.
The following information is provided for a subset of the heritage recognized resources on the Community Heritage Register. Additional information will be included below as it becomes available.