COVID-19 Updates


To learn more about closures and our response to COVID-19, and for updates on District operations, visit


Building Permits & Inspections

NEW - BC Energy Step Code will be effective February 28, 2021, visit

NEW - The District has adopted a Wildfire Hazard Development Permit Area. To determine whether this will impact your building permit application, visit

Now accepting electronic applications
In response to COVID-19, we are not accepting paper applications and paper documents at this time. We are still open for business and here to accept new applications and documents for existing applications electronically.  Applicants must submit all necessary documentation, similar to in-person permit application submissions. All fees may be paid online.

Building Permits

Everything you need to know to get your building permit. Building Permit applications require all documentation and drawings listed on the checklist at the time of application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. More Information

Electrical Permits

All electrical permits must be taken out on your behalf by a provincially-qualified contractor, unless you can demonstrate to the electrical inspector that you have the knowledge and skills to do the work. More Information

Mechanical Permits

Mechanical permits include: plumbing, drainage, hot-water heating, sprinkling. More Information


Once your permit has been issued and work done, you will need an inspection. More Information

Property information

We can help you with address changes, ordering house plans, rights of ways, underground oil tanks and more. More Information

regulations & fees

The application fee for building permits is 50 per cent of the permit fee, and is not refundable. More Information

reports & stats

Permit statistical reports are updated during the first week of the following month. More Information


We are still open for business and here to accept new applications and documents for existing applications electronically. 

Permits & Inspections Department

Staff are here to assist you by phone, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


For general inquiries:

[email protected]

Staff Contacts

Schedule an inspection


Applying and paying for permits and booking inspections can be done online through the MyDistrict portal.

Create an account here:


Construction Noise

Permitted times for construction

As per the Noise Control Bylaw, there are permitted times for construction noise.

  • Weekdays | 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
  • Saturday | 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
  • Sundays & holidays | at no time

Noise Control Bylaw

Other permits

Lawn sprinkling permits are approved only for newly seeded or turfed lawns, or to allow extra lawn irrigation during nematode application for pest management.

Sprinkling Permit

A street occupancy permit is required whenever any portion of municipal property (i.e. boulevard, sidewalk, roadway or public lane) is temporarily occupied.

Street Occupancy Permit

Click or call before you dig

Use the mapping tool to check your legal property lines, and always click or call BC OneCall to check what is under the ground before you dig.



BC One Call