Did we miss your garbage, recycling or Green Can?
Set your items out the following day and our crews will do their best to return. Missed you a second time? Please securely store your material until your next scheduled collection day. Ensure that your material is securely stored overnight to avoid attracting wildlife.
Some of the common reasons your material may have been missed:
- The collection schedule was suspended due to weather-related disruptions (such as snow and ice).
- A statutory holiday has changed the collection schedule. Download the WestVanCollect app to sign up for reminders or use the Garbage Pick-up Schedule.
- Unexpected disruptions, such as roadwork, construction, parking or filming crews have blocked access to your address.
- Your material was not set out in time. On the morning of collection, set it out between 5 and 7:30 a.m–collection begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Your material did not meet our collection guidelines. Read the 2018 Collection Brochure for information on what is accepted and how to prepare your material.
Report your missed pick-up
If none of these reasons apply, please call us to let us know at 604-925-7176.
Learn more about Snow Safety.