The District no longer collects recycling. Recycling collection in West Vancouver is provided by Waste Control Services (WCS). Contact WCS to report a missed recycling collection:
Missed garbage or green can?
If your material is not collected by 7:30 pm, set it out again the following day. If it is still not collected the following day, set it out on your next scheduled collection day. Always ensure that your material is securely stored overnight to avoid attracting wildlife.
common reasons your material may have not been collected
- The collection schedule was suspended due to weather-related disruptions (such as snow and ice). Learn more about Snow Safety.
- A statutory holiday has changed the collection schedule. Download the WestVanCollect app to sign up for reminders or use the Garbage Pick-up Schedule.
- Unexpected disruptions, such as roadwork, construction, parking or filming crews have blocked access to your address.
- Your material was not set out in time. On the morning of collection, set it out between 5 and 7:30 a.m. Collection begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Your material did not meet our collection guidelines. Read the Annual Collection Guide for information on what is accepted and how to prepare your material.
If none of the common reasons apply or you suspect that your material may have been missed, please call 604-925-7176 to let us know.
If none of the common reasons apply or you suspect that you have been missed, please call to let us know.