During this time, adults can use fireworks on private property only, and only with a valid fireworks permit.
Fireworks at other times of the year
If you plan to use fireworks as part of a private function, such as a wedding, birthday party or other special occasions, please follow these rules.
To ensure the safety of all your guests, you will need to arrange for a site inspection before a permit is issued. Private function permits cost $150.
Please call the Fire Department at 604-925-7370.
More fireworks information and regulations
- it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to purchase, transport or use fireworks
- fireworks are illegal to use on any highway, street, park, playground, school grounds or any other public place within the District of West Vancouver
- fireworks must be used on private property only with the written consent of the property owner
- it is illegal to discharge, propel, point or throw any fireworks at any person, animal, vehicle, building, structure, hedge or vegetation
- Roman candles, rockets and other noisemakers are legal only if they make up not more than 30 per cent of a family pack of fireworks. Your fireworks retailer should be familiar with these regulations and assist you in your purchase
Fire & Rescue Services
Fire Station No. 1
760 16th Street
West Vancouver BC V7V 3S1