Bylaw & Licensing

Learn more about dog licences, business licences and parking permits. Bylaw & Licensing Services provides education and enforcement for municipal bylaws, rules and regulations designed to keep citizens safe.

dogs & backyard chickens

If you have dogs or backyard chickens, it's important to licence them, follow some simple rules, and help keep West Vancouver a great place for all of its inhabitants, animal or human. More Information

parking permits: residential

Permit parking is available for residents in select areas. More Information

signs: permit and bylaw

If you plan to put up a sign to advertise your business or alter an existing sign, you’ll need a permit. You need a business licence before you can apply for a sign permit. More Information

heavy vehicle routes

Trucks, trailers and truck tractor/tractor-trailer combinations in excess of 10,000 kg GVW are prohibited from travelling downhill on most streets below the Upper Levels Highway and certain other streets. More Information


Bylaw Services & Licensing



Info for Businesses

Looking for a business licence application?

If you operate a business in West Vancouver, we’ve made it easy for you to get any necessary permits and licensing so you can focus on what matters: a successful business.

Information for businesses

Looking for a Bylaw?

Browse the online library which features many of our bylaws.

Bylaws, Strategies & Reports