Cove Lift Sewer Station Replacement
The sanitary lift station located in Caulfeild Park, at 4784 Pilot House Road, has reached its end-of-life. The station forms an integral part of the sanitary sewer collection system servicing your area, and will be upgraded in 2016/2017.
The work will incorporate improvements as follows:
- the addition of a generator to provide backup power in the event of an outage;
- the addition of a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system which allows for remote monitoring of the station;
- replacement of the existing pumps as well as some other features which satisfy federally regulated requirements;
- some sewer pipe rerouting and replacement;
- electrical service upgrades (determined by BC Hydro, a third party utility company).
Work will be completed by a third-party contractor, Earthco Underground Ltd.
The contractor is expected on site the week of December 5.
Construction and site restoration is expected to be complete by end of June 2017.
Hours of construction will be between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday or as required to complete the work as scheduled. Please note, the scheduling of electrical servicing is outside of the District’s control.
There are no road closures anticipated. The contractor, Earthco Underground Ltd, has traffic control personnel on site to help direct vehicles.