PROJECTS HAPPENING IN Ambleside
Please note, all timelines are subject to change due to weather, funding, or contractor availability.
Grosvenor Development - Phase 2 construction
- Timing: late August to late October.
- Project description: The Grosvenor development is a mixed residential and commercial project on the 1300 block Bellevue Avenue, and is nearing the completion of Phase 2 construction.
- The remaining work on 14th Street and along Marine Drive is anticipated to begin in mid-September, assuming all other construction timelines remain on schedule.
- The remaining work includes installing the pavers on 14th Street. Pavers are paving stones or brick-like pieces of concrete commonly used outside. The sidewalk outside of Earls and Heirloom has pavers. Installation of the pavers will take approximately six to eight weeks, and 14th Street north of Bellevue Avenue and south of Marine Drive will be closed when this work is carried out.
- The other remaining piece of work on 14th Street is paving the intersection of Bellevue Avenue and 14th Street.
Hollyburn Gardens - Bellevue Avenue and Argyle Avenue repaving (21st Street area)
- Timing: Work will begin Wednesday, September 2 and will take approximately one month to complete.
- Project description: The contractor at the Hollyburn Gardens development (195 21st Street) will be restoring the sidewalks, curbs, and roads adjacent to the development.
- Construction impacts: During this work, all local traffic will be allowed in and out. Please talk to traffic control personnel directly if you are expecting deliveries or need to access parking.
- Contact person: Alex Rivera, Ponte Bros Contracting Ltd., 604-420-3307 or email
Hollyburn Gardens - Water main work on 21st Street between Bellevue and Argyle Avenue
- Timing: Work will begin the week of September 14 and will take approximately five weeks to complete.
- Project description: This work is related to the Hollyburn Gardens development and is required to upgrade the water main. The District is coordinating this work with road and sidewalk works being carried out by the developer in the same area. After the water main work is complete, the developer will install new sidewalks on 21st Street.
- Interruption to water service: There will be water shut-downs as part of this work. The District will notify those residents who will be affected in advance.
- Traffic impacts: The west side of 21st Street will have single-lane alternating traffic while this work is underway. Please talk to traffic control personnel directly if you are expecting deliveries or need to access parking.
- Contact person: Ania Mafi, Community Relations Advisor, 604-921-3421 or email
Marine Drive repaving - 16th Street to 19th Street
- Timing: Sunday, September 13 to Friday, September 18.
- Project description: Marine Drive will be repaved between 16th Street and 19th Street
- Construction impacts: Some work will be done overnight to reduce impacts to businesses. The noisier work will take place during the daytime from September 14 to 18 between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. The overnight work will take place September 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 (five nights) between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Marine Drive repaving - 13th Street to 14th Street
- Timing: Sunday, September 27 to Wednesday, September 30, subject to weather and contractor availability.
- Project description: Marine Drive will be repaved between 13th Street and 14th Street. The scope of work includes vegetation trimming, milling, asphalt paving, and installation of road markings.
- Construction impacts: The noisier work will take place during the daytime from September 28 to September 30 between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. The overnight portion of work will take place September 27, 28, and 29 (three nights) between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Contact person: Stephen Wells, Road & Bridge Technologist, 604-925-7134 or email
Overnight work details: 6 p.m.–6 a.m.
The overnight work will reduce the impact on pedestrians and traffic and keep crews safe while working in this high-traffic area. To help minimize noise disruption at night, the use of jackhammers/saw cutting will be limited to the day shift, and trucks will maneuver in such a way to reduce backup ‘beeps’.
During the overnight work, lane closures will be in place and all parking will be restricted on Marine Drive between 16th Street and 19th Street and on the 1300 block. Single lane, two-way traffic will be maintained.
Daytime work details: 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
During the day-time work, single-lane closures and partial parking restrictions will be in place on Marine Drive between 16th Street and 19th Street and on the 1300 block. The lane closures and parking restrictions will vary as the work zone moves throughout the corridor. Signage will be posted where parking is restricted.
Petro Canada construction - 15th Street and Marine Drive
- Timing: Traffic delays from Monday, September 14 to Friday, October 2, 7 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Project description: The Petro Canada located at 1490 Marine Drive is undergoing construction, impacting traffic on 15th Street.
- Construction impacts: The disruptions will close the northbound right-turn lane and sidewalk on the east side of 15th Street between Marine Drive and Ambleside Lane.
- Contact person: Sead Hrustanbegovic, Keller Construction Site Superintendent, 403-831-4839 or email
Sign up for future email updates
Site signage and an electronic message board will be installed in the area to help direct traffic flow, however, as timelines may change, we hope to reach you by email.
Businesses: please sign up for email updates below.
Residents: you are welcome to sign up for the Ambleside business updates since the traffic information may be helpful to know during the remainder of this project.
Subscribe to email updates
Stay informed and sign up for updates that are important to businesses in West Vancouver.
Residents are welcome to sign up for the Ambleside business updates since the traffic information may be helpful to know during the remainder of this project.