Spirit Trail, Marine Drive (Gleneagles Elementary area)
This District has finished installing a new segment of Spirit Trail along Marine Drive in front of Gleneagles Elementary School. The new trail segment is part of a project to enhance trail connections for western residents between Seaview Walk and Horseshoe Bay village.
The Spirit Trail project is the result of an extensive public consultation process that began in 2012. More background information:
Public consultation is expected to resume in the fall to review routing and preliminary designs for continuing the Spirit Trail connection from the roundabout into Horseshoe Bay.
Completed work included:
- Installation of an asphalt multi-use path, concrete curbs and upgraded drainage
- Improved bus stop and crossing for pedestrians to the Lions Club Parking Lot
- Spirit Trail crossing at Marine Drive and Exit 0
- Improved pick-up and drop-off area for Gleneagles Elementary School
- Landscape restoration of affected boulevards
This multi-use pathway is jointly funded by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, TransLink’s BICCS Regional Needs Project Funding program and the District of West Vancouver.