To learn more about closures and our response to COVID-19, and for updates on District operations, visit westvancouver.ca/covid.
Spirit Trail, Cranley Slope improvements
The Cranley Slope improvements are complete.
- please take detours as indicated – a stairwell at the western end of Cranley Drive will allow access between Seaview Walk and Cranley Drive
- access to the Nelson Creek trail leading to Whyte Lake Park will be unaffected
- please avoid the construction area during the construction period
- keep pets on leash
Description of work
- the length of the trail section is about 70 metres.
- two additional switchbacks will be added to the existing trail, one at the top and one at the bottom, this will reduce the grade and improve trail access for all users.
- six to eight alder trees will be removed prior to bird nesting season to accommodate the work.
- large rocks will be used to shore up the outside slope and a gravel base will be added to improve drainage and trail surface stability.
- after completion, the disturbed areas will be restored with native plants.
The work will begin the week of March 13, 2017 and is anticipated to be completed in eight working days.