Gleneagles Community Centre Advisory Committee
The Gleneagles Community Centre Advisory Committee (GAC) will provide support and guidance to staff in the Parks, Culture & Community Services (PCCS) Division.
Gleneagles Community Centre is operated by the PCCS Division of the Corporation of the District of West Vancouver, on behalf of the citizens of the District of West Vancouver. The governing authority for Gleneagles Community Centre is the Municipal Council of the Corporation of the District of West Vancouver. GAC supports and guides PCCS Division staff. GAC strives to further the aims of the PCCS Division in sustaining and enhancing local community recreational development and building community pride through involvement in community services.
- Work with municipal staff by providing advice and recommendations on the operations of the Gleneagles Community Centre and satellite facilities
- Work with municipal staff in developing policies to provide for effective recreation service delivery at Gleneagles Community Centre and satellite facilities.
- Provide input, advocacy, and advice on recreation programs and services related to Gleneagles Community Centre, including satellite facilities.
- Function as a vehicle for communication and community development to ensure that community recreation services are meeting the western community’s needs.
- Assist in community fundraising initiatives if they arise as well as provide a community link to business associations, resident associations, and school partnerships in an effort to ensure full involvement in the Community Centre.
Members are appointed by Council for a two-year term; reappointments may be made for an additional two-year term.
Jean Adshead, Bill Barrie, Judith Berg, Courtney Campbell-Leveck, Bonnie Dame, Mitchell Davis, Geoff Jopson, Stephanie Mitchell, Smita Patel, Janice Rae, Sean Whittall, and Valerie Williams.
Lea Howard, Recreation Services Supervisor - Gleneagles Community Centre
Date: Thursday, April 8
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Electronic meeting via Webex
The Provincial Health Officer prohibits members of the public from attending in person to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Members of the public who wish to listen and provide input are encouraged to attend virtually via Webex.
Click the link below, enter your name, email address, and event password, then click "Join Now". Note: Only click "join by browser" if you do not plan on using your microphone.
Password: westvan (Note: The password may auto-populate without you needing to fill it in.)
Number: 146 661 8812 (Note: The number can be used instead of the link to join the meeting at westvancouver.webex.com)
Written submissions regarding matters that fall within the committee’s mandate can also be submitted to staff liaisons and will be circulated to members prior to a meeting for their information.