Gleneagles Community Centre Advisory Committee
The Gleneagles Community Centre Advisory Committee (GAC) will provide support and guidance to staff in the Parks, Culture & Community Services (PCCS) Division.
Gleneagles Community Centre is operated by the PCCS Division of the Corporation of the District of West Vancouver, on behalf of the citizens of the District of West Vancouver. The governing authority for Gleneagles Community Centre is the Municipal Council of the Corporation of the District of West Vancouver. GAC supports and guides PCCS Division staff. GAC strives to further the aims of the PCCS Division in sustaining and enhancing local community recreational development and building community pride through involvement in community services.
- Work with municipal staff by providing advice and recommendations on the operations of the Gleneagles Community Centre and satellite facilities
- Work with municipal staff in developing policies to provide for effective recreation service delivery at Gleneagles Community Centre and satellite facilities.
- Provide input, advocacy, and advice on recreation programs and services related to Gleneagles Community Centre, including satellite facilities.
- Function as a vehicle for communication and community development to ensure that community recreation services are meeting the western community’s needs.
- Assist in community fundraising initiatives if they arise as well as provide a community link to business associations, resident associations, and school partnerships in an effort to ensure full involvement in the Community Centre.
Members are appointed by Council for a two-year term; reappointments may be made for an additional two-year term.
Alana Amoroso-Stollery, Shannon Bosa (Co-Chair), Courtney Campbell-Leveck, Bonnie Dame, Mitchell Davis, Geoff Jopson, Channes Kwando, Mary Macdonald, Smita Patel, Janice Rae, Constance Shaw (Co-Chair), Julie Wang, and Sean Whittall.
Arleta Beckett, Community Services & Community Development Manager