Gleneagles Community Centre Advisory Committee
The Gleneagles Community Centre Advisory Committee (GAC) will provide support and guidance to staff in the Parks, Culture and Community Services Division.
Gleneagles Community Centre is operated by the Parks, Culture and Community Services Division of the Corporation of the District of West Vancouver, on behalf of the citizens of the District of West Vancouver. The governing authority for Gleneagles Community Centre is the Municipal Council of the Corporation of the District of West Vancouver. The Gleneagles Community Centre Advisory Committee (GAC) supports and guides Parks, Culture and Community Services Division staff. GAC strives to further the aims of the Parks and Community Services Division in sustaining and enhancing local community recreational development and build community pride through involvement in community services.
- Work with municipal staff by providing advice and recommendations on the operations of the Gleneagles Community Centre and satellite facilities
- Work with municipal staff in developing policies to provide for effective recreation service delivery at Gleneagles Community Centre and satellite facilities.
- Provide input, advocacy, and advice on recreation programs and services related to Gleneagles Community Centre, including satellite facilities.
- Function as a vehicle for communication and community development to ensure that community recreation services are meeting the western community’s needs.
- Assist in community fundraising initiatives if they arise as well as provide a community link to business associations, resident associations, and school partnerships in an effort to ensure full involvement in the Community Centre.
Members are appointed by Council for a two-year term; reappointments may be made for an additional two-year term.
Councillor Craig Cameron
Jean Adshead, Judith Anderson, Mary Bayes, Judith Berg, Pam Best, Aron Campbell, Mitchell Davis, Alex Doucette, Alf Haley, Linda Koopman, David Osoba, Barbara Pettit and Mary Jo Campbell.
Arleta Beckett, Community Services and Community Development Manager
Gleneagles Community Centre Advisory Committee Meeting
Date: Thursday, September 14
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Cypress Corner West, Gleneagles Community Centre