Electrical and mechanical permits

Apply and pay for a permit, then book your inspection online
You must have a MyDistrict profile and you must register your West Vancouver Business Licence to your MyDistrict account.

If you have a North Shore Inter-Municipal Business Licence, you will be required to provide the licence details when applying for the permit.

To obtain a West Vancouver Business Licence, please complete a business license application. For more information on obtaining a business licence, contact Bylaw and Licensing Services at 604-925-7152. 

Please note that permits on Squamish Nations Land (including Park Royal South) must be taken out with Squamish Nations 604-982-0510.

Electrical Permit - Temporary Electrical Service

Electrical Permit - Building and Low Voltage Wiring

Electrical Permit - Street/Traffic Lighting

Mechanical Permit - Plumbing Permit

Mechanical Permit - Drainage Permit

Mechanical Permit - Hot Water Heating Permits (including Geothermal)

Mechanical Permit - Fire Sprinkler

Pay for Permit: Enter the number exactly as shown (case sensitive).

Book an Inspection

Easy to follow guidelines

Guide to Registering for MyDistrict

Guide to Booking your Inspection Online