Update regarding recreation programs, facilities, and services
As the District of West Vancouver continues to slowly and safely reopen facilities in accordance with Step 3 of BC Restart plan under the current provincial health orders, additional programs and services will resume and new safety measures will be introduced.
Effective September 7
- Aquatic Centre Change Rooms will reopen.
- The West Vancouver Community Centre East underground parking lot will remain closed; all other parking lots will be open.
- Pre-registration will continue to be required for all programs and services.
- Access to recreation facilities will be limited to designated entrances for program check-in and general public access.
- Refer to the Facility Access Maps (West Vancouver Community Centre, Aquatic Centre, Ice Arena, Seniors’ Activity Centre OR Gleneagles Community Centre) for check-in locations at main entrances.
- Please allow additional time for program check-in.
- No spectators will be permitted in the facilities. Parents may enter the facility to assist their children in the change rooms if required, but will be asked to leave the facility afterwards.
- Masks are required (since August 25) for anyone 12 years and older, and recommended for anyone 2 years and older. Masks are not required during physical activity, or with a medical exemption.
- Expanded hours of operation at recreation facilities will be in effect.
Effective September 13
- Aquatic Centre steam room, sauna, and hot tubs will reopen.
- All remaining Fit Passes that were suspended due to the pandemic will be reinstated for use.
- Drop-ins to the Aquatic Centre and Gleneagles Community Centre fitness centres, Aquatic Centre public swimming, and Ice Arena public skating will be reinstated, and the 10-visit pass will be available for use.
- Pre-registration will continue to be required for Group Fitness, Yoga, Pottery, Gymnastics, Stick and Puck, and noon-hour hockey timeslots.
- Spectators will be permitted, with the exception of no gathering in the gymnastics hallway at the West Vancouver Community Centre.
- A provincially issued Vaccine Passport will be required for some people to access facilities, programs, and services. Learn more.
Registration will continue on a monthly and weekly basis. Visit westvancouverrec.ca/registration to learn more.
We will continue to adjust programs and services as required to follow the recommendations of the Provincial Health Officer. Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we work to keep community members and staff safe. For more information about program offerings, registration details, and health and safety measures, visit westvancouverrec.ca. Please visit westvancouver.ca/covid for updates.
If you have any questions please call 604-925-7270 or email [email protected].
Thank you for your patience and support—we look forward seeing you soon!