Update regarding recreation facilities, programs, and services
Updated January 6, 2022
Following updates to the provincial health orders, effective December 23, 2021, proof of vaccination is now required for all swimming activities along with other District recreation facilities, programs, and services.
Proof of vaccination is required for anyone age 12+, along with government photo ID for anyone age 19+ for:
- swimming activities
- all indoor sport, fitness and recreation programs and events of any size with participants over 21+ years old, including:
- fitness centres / weight rooms (closed until January 18)
- indoor fitness and dance activities, including personal training, group fitness, yoga, pilates, cycling, Zumba, and dance (suspended until January 18)
- indoor dry-land rehabilitation programs (suspended until January 6)
- indoor sports, including masters swimming (suspended until January 6), public skating, stick & puck, hockey, soccer/futsal, volleyball, basketball, badminton, billiards, pickleball, and tennis
- indoor recreation programs, including arts, crafts, music, photography, and culture classes
- all Seniors’ Activity Centre programs*
- parents and guardians participating in indoor children's sport and recreation activities
- spectators of indoor sports and recreation activities at the West Vancouver Ice Arena
- dine-in service at the Garden Side Café, and to shop at SACS on 21st*
Proof of vaccination is NOT required for:
- children and youth sport and recreation activities for age 21 and under
- Seniors’ Activity Centre take-out food and coffee service
Additional safety measures:
- No spectating will be permitted in District recreation facilities, with the exception of the West Vancouver Ice Arena. Parents and guardians may enter the facilities to assist their children to and from activities, with limited access at the West Vancouver Ice Arena.
Please have ready:
- proof of vaccination (e.g. BC Vaccine Card)
- valid government-issued photo ID with your date of birth (e.g. driver’s licence) for anyone age 19+
For more information about program offerings, registration details, and health and safety measures, visit westvancouverrec.ca.
Please visit westvancouver.ca/covid for updates.
If you have any questions please call 604-925-7270 or email [email protected].
* While this measure is above and beyond the current Provincial Health Orders, the District has decided to provide this additional layer of protection based on requests from the Seniors’ Activity Centre’s Advisory Board and members of our community’s most vulnerable age group.