Update regarding mask and proof of vaccination requirements at District facilities
Updated April 25, 2022
Following updates from the provincial health officer, and the federal government, mask and proof of vaccination requirements will be changing.
Effective April 25, masks are no longer required in District facilities with the exception of unvaccinated children aged five through 11 who have recently travelled internationally. They will still need to wear a mask in public settings (including schools and day camps) for 14 days after arrival to Canada.
Anyone who wishes to continue wearing a mask may choose to do so and that choice will be respected.
Proof of vaccination
Effective April 8, proof of vaccination will no longer be required to access District facilities, including community recreation facilities, programs, and services. All spectating areas will once again be open to all members of the community.
Proof of vaccination will continue to be required until April 8 for anyone age 12+, along with government photo ID for anyone age 19+ for:
- swimming activities
- all indoor sport, fitness and recreation programs and events of any size with participants over 21+ years old, including:
- fitness centres / weight rooms
- indoor fitness and dance activities, including personal training, group fitness, yoga, pilates, cycling, Zumba, and dance
- indoor sports, including masters swimming, public skating, stick & puck, hockey, soccer/futsal, volleyball, basketball, badminton, billiards, pickleball, and table tennis
- indoor recreation programs, including arts, crafts, music, photography, and culture classes
- all Seniors’ Activity Centre programs*
- parents and guardians participating in indoor children's sport and recreation activities
- spectators of indoor sports and recreation activities at the West Vancouver Ice Arena
- dine-in service at the Garden Side Café, and to shop at SACS on 21st*
Proof of vaccination is NOT required for:
- children and youth sport and recreation activities for age 21 and under
- indoor dry-land rehabilitation programs
- Seniors’ Activity Centre take-out food and coffee service
Additional safety measures:
- No spectating will be permitted in District recreation facilities, with the exception of the West Vancouver Ice Arena. Parents and guardians may enter the facilities to assist their children to and from activities, with limited access at the West Vancouver Ice Arena.
Please have ready:
- proof of vaccination (e.g. BC Vaccine Card)
- valid government-issued photo ID with your date of birth (e.g. driver’s licence) for anyone age 19+
We will continue to adjust programs and services as required to follow the recommendations of the provincial health officer.
For more information about program offerings, registration details, and health and safety measures, visit westvancouverrec.ca.
Please visit westvancouver.ca/covid for updates.
* While this measure is above and beyond the current Provincial Health Orders, the District has decided to provide this additional layer of protection based on requests from the Seniors’ Activity Centre’s Advisory Board and members of our community’s most vulnerable age group.