Oct 9, 2020
The District of West Vancouver has developed an operating model to gradually restart services that were closed as a result of the pandemic. The first, and most important deciding factor when considering restarting any service is the safety of residents, businesses and staff. We will continue to keep the community informed of service level adjustments. To receive information by email, subscribe to e-west.
- Municipal Hall is closed to the public until further notice. District staff continue providing the same essential services by phone and email. Contact us.
- Recreation facilities are open on a pilot basis for registered visits and programs. No drop-ins permitted. Read more.
- West Vancouver Art Museum is open with reduced hours. Read more.
- West Vancouver Memorial Library is open with new extended hours. Read more.
STATUS OF FACILITIES AND SERVICES
What's open? What's closed? View the list to see the current status:
Municipal Hall is closed to the public until further notice. District staff continue to provide essential services by phone or email.
Resources and support for individuals
Connect North Shore
Connect North Shore was created to link residents to community resources including information for those in need and volunteer opportunities for those who want to help.
The Connect North Shore resource directory provides links to community service organizations with a focus on those serving the North Shore, including resources for food, housing, social support and more.
Free and Low-Cost Groceries and Prepared Meals (updated September 9)
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the District is offering free access to showers for community members who would otherwise not have access to a shower.
- Where: Ambleside Fieldhouse, located between the grass and artificial turf fields, north of the rail tracks
- When: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 2:30–4 p.m. and Saturdays from 11 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
The Seniors' Activity Centre has launched programs to support seniors during this time of physical distancing. For information and assistance, call the Seniors' Activity Centre at 604-925-7280 or visit westvancouver.ca/seniors.
With LibraryConnect, you can call, chat, or email us to get the support you need.
Resources and support for businesses
The District of West Vancouver is following the guidance of our local, provincial and federal health authorities—and encourages the business community to do the same.
There are many things you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your community. Please follow the advice of health authorities.
Latest medical updates, including case counts, prevention, risks, and testing
Regional health information
National updates and financial resources
List of community exposure events
Health information and advice
Non-medical information (for general information related to COVID-19)
Call 1-888-268-4319 (1-888-COVID19)
Federal and Provincial live updates