Jul 2, 2020
The District of West Vancouver has developed an operating model to gradually restart services that were closed as a result of the pandemic. The first, and most important deciding factor when considering restarting any service is the safety of residents, businesses and staff. We will continue to keep the community informed of service level adjustments. To receive information by email, subscribe to e-west.
- COVID Park Ranger Program wraps up, regular Park Ranger program begins. Read more.
- Fields are now open for organized play with permits. Read more.
- West Vancouver Memorial Library opens for borrowing on Tuesday, July 7. Read more.
- West Vancouver Art Museum re-opens with reduced hours starting Wednesday, July 8. Read more.
- Modified outdoor summer programs and camps start Monday, July 6. Read more.
- Municipal Hall is open for payments only from June 15 to July 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays. Contact us.
- West Vancouver's Re-start model. Read more.
- Many capital projects have been deferred as part of the 2020 Budget. Read more.
- WorkSafeBC has released guidelines to identify actions and protocols required under Phase II of the Province’s Re-Start Plan.
Last updated: July 2, 9 a.m.
Municipal facilities, services and outdoor spaces
Municipal Hall is open for payments only from June 15 to July 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays.
District staff continue to provide essential services by phone or email.
What's open? What's closed? View the list to see the current status:
Resources and support for individuals
Connect North Shore
Connect North Shore was created to link residents to community resources including information for those in need and volunteer opportunities for those who want to help.
The Connect North Shore resource directory provides links to community service organizations with a focus on those serving the North Shore, including resources for food, housing, social support and more.
The Seniors' Activity Centre has launched programs to support seniors during this time of physical distancing. For information and assistance, call the Seniors' Activity Centre at 604-925-7280 or visit westvancouver.ca/seniors.
With LibraryConnect, you can call, chat, or email us to get the support you need while our facility is closed. Our LibraryConnect service and Library Takeout contactless holds pickup service are open between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday.
Resources and support for businesses
The District of West Vancouver is following the guidance of our local, provincial and federal health authorities—and encourages the business community to do the same.
There are many things you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your community. Please follow the advice of health authorities:
Non-medical information (for general information related to COVID-19)
Call 1-888-268-4319 (1-888-COVID19)
Health information and advice
Federal and Provincial live updates