Council Meeting Highlights: December 15, 2021
Cannabis Retail Applications
On May 31, 2021, Council approved the Non-medical Retail Cannabis Policy. On October 18, Council received a report regarding Temporary Use Permits for Cannabis Retail and set December 15 as the date to hear from applicants.
Following a presentation by staff, Council heard presentations from ten applicants.
- Application 20-112 for 1453 Bellevue Avenue
- Application 21-072 for 1528 Marine Drive
- Application 21-094 for 1443 Clyde Avenue
- Application 21-097 for 1519 Clyde Avenue
- Application 21-099 for 1437 Clyde Avenue
- Application 21-102 for 1480 Marine Drive
- Application 21-004 for 6609 Royal Avenue
- Application 21-036 for 6412 Bay Street
- Application 21-098 for 17-636 Clyde Avenue
- Application 21-071 for 103-2433 Bellevue Avenue
Council approved two Temporary Use Permits to allow a non-medical cannabis retail business for a period of three years to the following applicants:
AMBLESIDE COMMERCIAL AREA
- 1453 Bellevue Avenue
HORSESHOE BAY COMMERCIAL AREA
- 6609 Royal Avenue
Council denied the remaining applications.
Council read the proposed bylaw the first time at the November 8, 2021, Council meeting. Council held a public hearing on December 7, 2021, and subsequently read the proposed bylaw a second and third time.
Council adopted the bylaw.
Council read the proposed bylaws the first time at the September 13, 2021 Council meeting, held a public hearing on October 19, 2021 for public input, and read the bylaws a second and third time at the October 19, 2021 Council meeting.
Council adopted the bylaws.
The next regular Council meeting will take place on January 10, 2022.