Hollyburn Gardens (195 21st Street)
The applicant is finalizing precedent conditions prior to Council considering enactment of the amending bylaws and approval of the development permit.
On November 29, 2016 Council gave second and third reading to a revised Rezoning Bylaw, the Phased Development Agreement Authorization Bylaw and a revised Housing Agreement Authorization Bylaw. The applicant is required to fulfill conditions prior to Council considering approving the bylaws or the development permit.
Two information meetings were held on the proposal on November 9, 2016 and November 23, 2016.
Council gave first reading of the proposed amending bylaws at its Meeting on October 24, 2016 and scheduled a Public Hearing for November 28, 2016.
The application was considered by the North Shore Accessibility Committee on Disability Issues (ACDI) on February 12, 2015. The Committee recommended support of the application.
The application was considered by the Design Review Committee (DRC) on December 11, 2014. The Committee recommended support of the application.
The District has received an application for a rezoning and development permit for the construction of purpose-built market rental housing. The proposal will add 41 apartments in two new buildings on the property. The existing 16-storey building will remain that contains 126 units.
The site is zoned RM2.
Key features of the proposal are:
Floor Area Ratio (FAR):
- Existing: 1.75
- Proposed: 2.5
- Proposed: 41
- Total: 167
Buildings & Number of storeys:
- Existing: 16 storey high rise
Proposed: Two new low-rise apartment buildings:
- Bellevue Building (North):3 storeys with 29 units (to be constructed on top of the existing parking structure)
- Argyle Building (South): 4 storeys with 12 units
- Existing: 136 parking spaces.
- Proposed New Parking: 23
- Total parking spaces: 159
- Bellevue access to be maintained.
- Lane access to be maintained.
- Drop off/pick up at 21st Street maintained.
- New access from Argyle to the new underground parkade
- Refreshed landscaping of the existing site
- New landscaping features