Hollyburn Gardens (195 21st Street)
October 2020 update
Landscaping, paving, and interior finishing work is currently underway.
Paving work is scheduled for Thursday, October 29 and Friday, October 30, with additional paving planned for November (weather permitting).
Occupancy is projected to begin in late November 2020.
The contractor has received approval for non-enforcement of the Noise Control Bylaw to allow large concrete pours outside of regular construction working hours under the following conditions:
- Extended hours are permitted Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. and between hours of 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- No construction noise permitted on Sundays or holidays
- Extended hours are permitted for a maximum total of 13 days between October 21, 2019 and June 1, 2020
- Construction noise levels during the extended hours are limited to 65dBA
- The applicant must provide a monitor on site during the extended hours to ensure the above conditions are being adhered to.
The new buildings under construction are concrete superstructures and therefore incorporate large pours as approved by the structural engineer. To achieve these pours, additional time is required outside of the Noise Control Bylaw.
On pour days, residents and businesses can anticipate the following:
- The concrete pump will arrive at 7 a.m.
- Concrete trucks will arrive at 7:30 a.m.
- Concrete pouring will take place until 5:30 p.m.; this assumes no traffic delays or mechanical breakdowns
- Concrete finishing up to 8:00 p.m.
Council approved the rezoning bylaw and development permit on October 16, 2017.
The applicant is finalizing precedent conditions prior to Council considering enactment of the amending bylaws and approval of the development permit.
On November 29, 2016, Council gave second and third reading to a revised Rezoning Bylaw, the Phased Development Agreement Authorization Bylaw and a revised Housing Agreement Authorization Bylaw. The applicant is required to fulfill conditions prior to Council considering approving the bylaws or the development permit.
Two information meetings were held on the proposal on November 9, 2016, and November 23, 2016.
Council gave first reading of the proposed amending bylaws at its Meeting on October 24, 2016 and scheduled a Public Hearing for November 28, 2016.
The application was considered by the North Shore Accessibility Committee on Disability Issues (ACDI) on February 12, 2015. The Committee recommended support of the application.
The application was considered by the Design Review Committee (DRC) on December 11, 2014. The Committee recommended support of the application.
The District has received an application for a rezoning and development permit for the construction of purpose-built market rental housing. The proposal will add 41 apartments in two new buildings on the property. The existing 16-storey building will remain that contains 126 units.
The site is zoned RM2.
Key features of the proposal are:
Floor Area Ratio (FAR):
- Existing: 1.75
- Proposed: 2.5
- Proposed: 41
- Total: 167
Buildings & Number of storeys:
- Existing: 16 storey high rise
Proposed: Two new low-rise apartment buildings:
- Bellevue Building (North):3 storeys with 29 units (to be constructed on top of the existing parking structure)
- Argyle Building (South): 4 storeys with 12 units
- Existing: 136 parking spaces.
- Proposed New Parking: 23
- Total parking spaces: 159
- Bellevue access to be maintained.
- Lane access to be maintained.
- Drop off/pick up at 21st Street maintained.
- New access from Argyle to the new underground parkade
- Refreshed landscaping of the existing site
- New landscaping features