Marine Drive, 1300 block (Grosvenor Development)
Update: August 21
While the work on the west side of 14th Street did take longer than originally anticipated, the Grosvenor development project is nearing the completion of Phase 2 construction. The information below provides approximate timelines for remaining work in the area.
Please note: all of the timelines are connected and if one component is delayed, all timelines are impacted. Delays may occur due to weather or contractor availability.
Remaining construction work: 13th Street area
- A construction schedule is being finalized for the reopening of 13th Street to two-way traffic. Before this can occur, there is paving work to complete on 13th Street. This will require closure of the temporary sidewalk on the east side of 13th Street and closure to vehicular traffic to Ambleside Park from 13th Street while this work is carried out. Following completion of this component of the paving works, 13th Street will be returned to two-way vehicular travel.
- Bellevue Avenue final paving works will be completed in two phases, and, once complete, Bellevue Avenue will be returned to two-way vehicular travel.
- Paving and finishing work in these areas are tentatively scheduled to commence August 27 and will take approximately two business days to complete.
- Traffic control personnel will be on-site to direct traffic during this work.
- The Marine Drive final paving works on the south side of Marine Drive will require a closure of the parking lane and adjacent eastbound travel lane along the entire length of 1300 block.
- Once 13th Street and the 1300 block of Bellevue are re-opened to two-way traffic, crews can continue work on 14th Street and Marine Drive along phase 1 and 2 of the development frontage.
Remaining construction work: 14th Street area
- What remains to be done on 14th Street is finalizing the curb work, paving the intersection of 14th Street and Bellevue Avenue, and installing the pavers on 14th Street. Pavers are paving stones or brick-like pieces of concrete commonly used outside. The sidewalk outside of Earls and Heirloom has pavers.
- The curb works on the south side of Bellevue Avenue and 14th Street are tentatively scheduled to begin the week of August 24 and will take one to two business days to complete. The intersection will remain open to vehicular and pedestrian travel during this time with traffic control personnel to manage this while the work is being carried out.
- The other remaining pieces of work on 14th Street are paving the intersection of Bellevue Avenue and 14th Street and installing pavers on 14th Street between Bellevue Avenue and Marine Drive. Installation of the pavers will take approximately six to eight weeks, and 14th Street north of Bellevue Avenue and south of Marine Drive will be closed when this work is carried out.
- We are anticipating the remaining work on 14th Street and along Marine Drive to begin in mid-September, assuming all other construction timelines remain on schedule.
All of the construction timelines are connected, and if one component is delayed, all timelines are impacted.
Pedestrian and vehicle traffic
Traffic control personnel will be on-site to assist with pedestrian safety and traffic flow. Detour signs will be in place during any road works that require closure.
Paving will be done in sections to accommodate vehicle access in and out of Grosvenor Ambleside parkade during road work.
Other road works in 2020
The District will be conducting additional roadworks that include re-paving sections of Marine Drive in September and October. Watch for additional information from the District in your mail, on traffic signage, or subscribe for email updates.
Sign up for future email updates
Site signage and an electronic message board will be installed in the area to help direct traffic flow, however, as timelines may change, we hope to reach you by email.
Businesses: please sign up for email updates at westvancouver.ca/business-updates.
Residents: you are welcome to sign up for the Ambleside business updates since the traffic information may be helpful to know during the remainder of this project.
Thank you for your patience
Thank you for your patience through the many interruptions and impacts that have affected your neighbourhood over the last three years. The District is working closely with Ledcor and Grosvenor to manage the impacts and address your concerns.
For parking and bylaw related enforcement, we encourage you to contact Bylaw & Licensing Services at 604-925-7152.