Did you know that fireworks are prohibited with the exception of the week leading up to Halloween? During this time adults can use fireworks on private property only, and only with a valid fireworks permit.
- fireworks may only be discharged October 25 to midnight on October 31.
- firecrackers are illegal.
- fireworks can only be used by an adult with a fireworks permit.
- permits are sold at Fire Station No. 1 between October 18 and October 31, 2016.
- fireworks permits cost $5, payable by cash only.
- to get a permit, apply in person at Fire Station No. 1, 760 16th Street.
- it is illegal to use fireworks without a permit. Fines start at $500.
- an application form must be completed in person at the time of purchase.
- must be 18 years and over to purchase. Please bring valid photo ID.
Fireworks at other times of the year
If you plan to use fireworks as part of a private function, such as a wedding, birthday party or other special occasions, please follow these rules.
To ensure the safety of all your guests, you will need to arrange for a site inspection before a permit is issued. Private function permits cost $52.50. Please call the Fire Department at 604-925-7370.
More fireworks information and regulations
- it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to purchase, transport or use fireworks
- fireworks are illegal to use on any highway, street, park, playground, school grounds or any other public place within the District of West Vancouver
- fireworks must be used on private property only with the written consent of the property owner
- it is illegal to discharge, propel, point or throw any fireworks at any person, animal, vehicle, building, structure, hedge or vegetation
- Roman candles, rockets and other noisemakers are legal only if they make up not more than 30 per cent of a family pack of fireworks. Your fireworks retailer should be familiar with these regulations and assist you in your purchase
Fire & Rescue Services
Fire Station No. 1
760 16th Street
West Vancouver BC V7V 3S1