Application checklist for building permits
Building permit applications require all necessary documentation and drawings to be submitted at the time of application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Required for all Building Permit Applications
- Completed permit application
- Registered Owner's Authorization Form (if applicant other than registered owner)
- Land title search (not more than 30 days old)
- Half of the permit fee
Additional drawings required depending on scope of work (see page 2 of application form for more details)
- Legal survey showing trees, hedges and other structures on adjoining boulevards and rights of ways
- Architectural drawings which include a site plan, floor plans, elevations and cross-sections
- Structural drawings prepared by a professional engineer
- Stormwater Management Plan
- Sediments and Erosion Plans
- Driveway plan and profile drawings including dimensions and elevations
- Landscape and grading plan showing details of any work proposed on District right of ways or lands or on the adjoining boulevard
Additional documents required depending on scope of work (see page 2 of application form for more details)
- Schedule B (applicable professionals)
- DWV Schedule C (applicable professionals/Declaration of Insurance Coverage for Registered Professionals)
- Traffic Management Plan application (for projects over $500,000)
- Step Code/Passive House Checklist
We are still open for business and here to accept new applications and documents for existing applications electronically.
Permits & Inspections Department
Staff are here to assist you by phone, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For general inquiries: