Environmental Development Permits

If you are doing any work within 15 metres of the top of any watercourse bank, you will need an environmental development permit. This includes:

  • construction of any structure or building
  • construction of impervious or semi-pervious surfaces
  • landscaping
  • tree removals or pruning of any sized trees (more than 10-centimetre diameter at breast height)

You may not need an environmental development permit if your work only includes:

  • interior renovations
  • construction more than 15 metres from the top of bank boundary
  • maintenance of existing landscaping

Environmental Development Permit Application Form


Planning & Development Services


Related Information