Blasting & Rock Breaking Application Guidelines

The District requires a permit for any type of rock breaking including blasting and rock splitting.


  • Permit may be exempt for quantities less than 10 m³, at the discretion of Land Development Engineering
  • Permit is not required for emergency works

Soil Removal, Deposit, Blasting and Rock Breaking Bylaw

The following guidelines have been developed to inform the submission of blasting and rock breaking applications within the District of West Vancouver.

Blasting and Rock Breaking/Splitting Guidelines


Permits & Inspections Department