Code of Conduct Committee
If you are interested in participating in this committee meeting, review instructions for public participation in committee meetings.
The Code of Conduct Committee is a Standing Committee of Council. The purpose of the Committee is to advise Council on the creation of a code of conduct regarding respectful behaviour and communications of and with Council, staff, volunteers, and members of the public.
The Committee will:
- Review materials relevant to the creation of a code of conduct, including existing District documents that pertain to the conduct of Council, staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Analyze work done by the province of British Columbia and other lower mainland municipalities relative to the creation of a code of conduct.
- Advise on best practices in municipal government relative to the creation of a code of conduct.
- Make recommendations to Council and staff regarding the creation of a code of conduct.
- Assist with the development of a code of conduct.
Doug Moss and David Thomas
Councillors Snider (Chair), Gambioli, and Lambur (Acting Chair)
Documents and resources
- Terms of Reference
- Proposed Council Code of Conduct Bylaw No. 5229, 2023
- Proposed Council Code of Conduct Bylaw No. 5112, 2021
- Council Procedure Bylaw No. 5005, 2019
- Council Committee Procedure Bylaw No. 5020, 2019
- Forging the Path to Responsible Conduct in Your Local Government
- Getting Started on a Code of Conduct for Your Council / Board
- Foundational Principles of Responsible Conduct
- Community Charter Division 8 - Code of Conduct
- Harassment and Respectful Workplace Policy 0009
- Standards of Conduct Policy 0019
- General Council Committees Policy 0144
- General Council Committees Procedure 0145
- Committee Terms of Reference Template
- Respectful Behaviour Bylaw No. 4999, 2018
- Proposed Respectful Communications Bylaw No. 5141, 2021
- BC Human Rights Code
- WorkSafe BC Policy Item P2-21-2 Employer Duties - Workplace Bullying and Harassment