Art Museum Advisory Committee
Date: Tuesday, April 4
Time: 10 a.m.
Location: Electronic meeting via Webex
If you are interested in participating in this committee meeting, review instructions for public participation in committee meetings.
The Art Museum Advisory Committee (AMAC) acts as an advisory committee to Council and staff of the Parks, Culture & Community Services Division to guide long-term planning and to enhance and build community pride through the art museum’s programs and services. The AMAC also works with staff to set policy for the art museum’s public programs and services.
The primary functions of the committee are:
- Provide input, advocacy and advice on the Art Museum’s policies, procedures and strategic planning.
- Provide advice on all issues pertaining to the Art Museum’s Permanent Collection according to Council’s established policy and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation and enhancement of the Art Museum’s programs and services.
- Assist in fundraising initiatives.
- Provide a community link to business associations, residents and schools in an effort to develop partnerships, awareness and participation.
- Provide advice regarding best practices for opportunities to advance the Art Museum’s programs and services.
- Revise and comment on matters pertaining to the Art Museum’s purpose as referred by staff or Council.
The committee will annually:
- Provide an annual report and work plan to Council.
- Review the Terms of Reference.
Marianna Adamian, Diana Becker, Karen Duffek, Carolyn Gotay, Kirsten Hall, Bo Helliwell, Desiree LaCas (Acting Chair), Francesca Patterson (Chair), Massoume Price, and Renée Van Halm.
Doti Niedermayer, Senior Manager, Cultural Services
Hilary Letwin, Administrator/Curator
Documents and resources
Volunteer to serve on a board or committee. Submit an application form today: