Fleet & Transportation
Hybrid and electric vehicles, efficient driving techniques, and staff carpooling are all methods the District is using to reduce corporate GHGs in transportation.
- Hybrid and electric vehicles are considered as options for on-going fleet replacement for high-use vehicles.
- Replacement fleet vehicles are reduced in engine size where possible providing they still meet operational requirements
- Efficient driving techniques and analysis of operational vehicle trips to reduce fuel use and vehicle emissions
- Anti-idling policy and on-going staff education for District vehicles.
- Shower facilities and bike storage is available at the largest worksites to encourage staff to bike to work.
- Level 2 Electric vehicle charging stations have been installed at the Municipal Hall and Gleneagles and Main Community Centres to encourage adoption of electric vehicle technology.
- Enhanced tracking and reporting of corporate vehicle trips and fleet GHG emissions.