Running a government organization inevitably generates waste. We are constantly analyzing the production of waste and implementing the reduce, reuse, recycle philosophy into our daily operations. Here's some examples:
- Analysis of corporate solid waste flow has resulted in higher levels or waste diversion and/or efficiencies in waste management services.
- Paper purchased for printers is minimum 50 per cent recycled content and group printers have been set to print double-sided by default.
- Efforts being made to identify areas of District operations where the generation of waste can be reduced.
- Increased efforts to recycle non-standard waste from garbage at District facilities.
- Existing waste bins have been replaced by more effective waste stations that allow for food waste and include signage and colours that align with residential recycling programs.
- Expanded tracking and reporting of material consumption and corporate solid waste generation.