To learn more about closures and our response to COVID-19, and for updates on District operations, visit westvancouver.ca/covid.
COVID-19: Information and resources for businesses
The District of West Vancouver is following the guidance of our local, provincial and federal health authorities—and encourages the business community to do the same.
With the rapidly changing nature of COVID-19, information and advice from Canada’s Public Health Authority (PHA) can change quickly. For the latest information on COVID-19 and the measures that the Local Health Authority, Provincial and Federal Government are taking, please consider regularly visiting their respective websites:
On March 18, the Government of Canada announced a new set of economic measures to help stabilize the economy during this challenging period. These measures, delivered as part of the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan, will provide up to $27 billion in direct support to Canadian workers and businesses.
How businesses can help
We ask everyone in the community to do their part to prevent the spread of this virus. COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that is spread through contact.
For our local businesses, the following interim guidance may help prevent exposure and contagion in the workplace:
- increase awareness about and communicate to staff about COVID-19.
- encourage frequent hand washing hygiene, practice respiratory etiquette (cough and sneeze into your sleeve) and self-isolate when ill
- provide access to handwashing facilities and place hand sanitizing dispensers in prominent locations throughout the workplace, if possible
- actively encourage sick employees to stay home
- perform routine environmental cleaning of frequently touched surfaces in the workplace