This update is intended to clarify some confusion in the community and inaccurate news reports that Council voted to stop the B-Line at Park Royal at the March 11 Council meeting.
West Vancouver Council voted to direct District staff to do five things, in summary:
- Work with TransLink, Park Royal and Squamish Nation to clarify details for a terminus option at Park Royal
- Review new options for a B-Line route west of Park Royal, provided they avoid routing adjacent to schools and minimize impact to residential neighbourhoods, do not require any restricted access bus lane in the Ambleside or Dundarave business districts, and minimize the loss of on-street parking
- Seek traffic improvement measures to improve transit efficiency for local bus service and generally improve traffic flow along Marine Drive through Ambleside
- Identify costs and potential funding sources for the above
- Report back to Council with findings and public consultation results within 30 days
It is anticipated staff will report back at the April 15 Council meeting. If potential new options are identified, the District intends to consult with the community before proceeding. District staff are now compiling and analyzing the many contributions made during the B-Line engagement process and Council is looking forward to considering this at the same time.
In 2019, the B-Line will be implemented through North Vancouver up to Park Royal. A final decision on where to stop the B-Line in West Vancouver has not been made.
Thank you for your patience as we conduct a thoughtful process to find the best solution for this community.
Mayor Mary-Ann Booth