Status of facilities and services impacted by COVID-19
Masks are mandatory inside all publicly-accessed District facilities for anyone aged 5 years and older.
Open with modified public access. Check the facility webpage for details.
- West Vancouver Memorial Library
- West Vancouver Art Museum
- Gleneagles Golf Course
- Ambleside Par 3
- West Vancouver Youth Hub at Park Royal
- West Vancouver Archives
- Silk Purse Gallery
- Capilano View Cemetery
- West Vancouver Police Department
Open for pre-registered programs and timeslots only. Drop-ins are not permitted.
- Ice Arena (closed for the summer)
- Gleneagles Clubhouse
- Ferry Building Gallery (closed for restoration)
Open with no public access
- Municipal Hall (District staff continue providing services by phone or email. Contact us.)
- All Fire Halls (Fire Hall #1, 2, 3, and 4)
- Operations Centre at Cypress Bowl Road
- Blue Bus Transit Depot
- parks and beaches
- basketball, roller hockey, and tennis courts
- skateboard parks
Council Meetings and Public Hearings
Council meetings and Public Hearings are being conducted via electronic communication facilities, pursuant to Council Procedure Bylaw No. 5005, 2019. Click the link below to learn how to participate electronically.
If you wish to present to Council, please consider submitting your comments to [email protected].
The District provides for electronic participation by telephone or Webex as follows:
Garbage, recycling and green can collection
There is no change to curbside garbage, recycling or green can collection due to COVID-19. Please set out your items by 7:30 a.m. on your regularly scheduled collection date. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect our waste collection staff:
- please ensure that all personal hygiene products, used tissues, cleaning cloths, face masks, gloves, and similar items are disposed of in garbage bags.
- securely tie garbage bags. Un-bagged or loose items will not be collected.
Need replacement recycling bags, blue boxes, grey boxes or extra garbage tags? Learn more.
Non-medical masks or face coverings are required while on-board transit vehicles. Learn more about COVID-19 precautions on Blue Bus and TransLink services here.