Heritage Advisory Committee
The Heritage Advisory Committee (HAC) is established as an advisory body to Council and the Director of Planning and Development Services to assist in the processing of heritage applications, identifying and supporting the conservation of structures and landscapes recognised by the District as having significant heritage value and in undertaking education and engagement opportunities related to heritage conservation.
To provide support to staff and Council for activities that benefit the advancement of heritage conservation in the District, by undertaking the following:
- Maintain a current list of structures and landscapes recognised by the District as having heritage value;
- Prioritize structures and landscapes that have high heritage value, especially those that are at risk, and propose additions and updates to the Community Heritage Register as needed;
- Help develop, establish, and maintain public education and awareness programs relating to the protection of heritage properties or heritage resources, including the District's Heritage Revitalization Agreement program;
- Establish and maintain contact with community groups and subject matter experts and volunteers able to assist in the mandate of the Committee;
- Support opportunities and activities that will promote the value of heritage in the community;
- Undertake such other activities and responsibilities that Council may wish to pursue in the interest of promoting and preserving heritage assets;
- To play an educational role regarding the value of heritage assets throughout the District; and,
- To assist in the review development applications for:
Heritage Revitalization Agreement (HRA) and Heritage Designation: and
Heritage Alteration Permits (HAPs) in areas outside of the Lower Caulfeild Heritage Conservation Area.
- To review any matters which may be referred by Council from time to time.
Paula Grossman (Chair), Brenda Clark (Co-Chair), Michael Geller, Laura Anderson, John Mawson, Dana Parr, Paul Hundal, Liane McKenna and Annerieke Vanhoek.
Michelle McGuire, Manager of Current Planning & Urban Design
Date: Tuesday, July 21
Time: 4 p.m.
Location: Electronic meeting via Municipal Hall Council Chamber
After suspending all committee, board and working group meetings in mid-March in an attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19, the District of West Vancouver is resuming meetings via electronic communications facilities.
Members of the public are able to attend committee meetings in person in the Municipal Hall Council Chamber. The public will be able to listen to, and provide input during electronic meetings. For your health and safety, physical distancing and enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols have been implemented. If you are not able to attend a meeting in-person, written submissions regarding matters that fall within the committee’s mandate to consider can also be submitted to staff liaisons and will be circulated to members prior to a meeting for their information.