Community Awards recognize the efforts and commitment of many West Vancouver residents.
The Awards Committee is a select committee of Council and oversees an annual, ongoing District program. Consistent with our Vision, the District will recognize personal civic commitment in several aspects of community life. An effective recognition process will strengthen the relationship that will help “secure our treasured quality of life and will be the measure of our success as a community”. To this end, a formal yearly recognition program is to be developed that delivers on the criteria set out in the “Duties” below.
- Consolidate the three current award programs (Heritage, Youth, Environment) into one program.
- Consider any additional award categories that should be added to this program.
- Create program objectives, categories and selection processes.
- Establish criteria for the award selection process and work with staff on calls for nominations.
- Assist staff in planning and implementation of award ceremony(ies) and related publicity.
- Identify staff and financial resource requirements year-over-year to maintain a model community recognition program.
An appointment or reappointment of a volunteer member is for one or two-year terms to enable overlap and continuity from year to year. A volunteer member may serve for up to six consecutive years on the committee.
Charlotte Burns, Shannon Hennessy, Terry D. Hodgins (Co-Chair), Sanaz Mani, Charlotte McLaughlin, Darrin Morrison, and Jihad Saba (Co-Chair).
Christie Rosta, Cultural Services Manager