The Awards Committee is a select committee of Council and oversees an annual, ongoing District program. Consistent with our Vision, the District will recognize personal civic commitment in several aspects of community life. An effective recognition process will strengthen the relationship that will help “secure our treasured quality of life and will be the measure of our success as a community”. To this end, a formal yearly recognition program is to be developed that delivers on the criteria set out in the “Duties” below.
- Consolidate the three current award programs (Heritage, Youth, Environment) into one program.
- Consider any additional award categories that should be added to this program.
- Create program objectives, categories and selection processes.
- Establish criteria for the award selection process and work with staff on calls for nominations.
- Assist staff in planning and implementation of award ceremony(ies) and related publicity.
- Identify staff and financial resource requirements year-over-year to maintain a model community recognition program.
Appointments will be made for one and two-year terms to enable overlap and continuity from year to year.
Marina Knez, Dolfi Havlovic, Jason Wright, Wayne Hansen, Terry D. Hodgins and Amy Badawy
Christie Rosta, Events & Festival Manager, Cultural Services
After suspending all committee, board and working group meetings in mid-March in an attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19, the District of West Vancouver is resuming meetings via electronic communications facilities.
Members of the public are able to attend committee meetings in person in the Municipal Hall Council Chamber. The public will be able to listen to, and provide input during electronic meetings. For your health and safety, physical distancing and enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols have been implemented. If you are not able to attend a meeting in-person, written submissions regarding matters that fall within the committee’s mandate to consider can also be submitted to staff liaisons and will be circulated to members prior to a meeting for their information.
Community Awards recognize the efforts and commitment of many West Vancouver residents.