Arts Facilities Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Arts Facilities Advisory Committee (AFAC) is to make recommendations to staff and Council on the development of a new arts and culture facility that aligns with Council’s vision to make West Vancouver a liveable, vibrant, and inclusive community.
The AFAC will:
(a) confirm an arts and culture facility vision and concept, by:
- engaging with the arts and culture community, community user groups, and the public;
(b) recommend a framework for capital fundraising, by:
- researching best practices in capital fundraising for arts and culture facilities; and
- confirming best practices and developing a framework to guide capital fundraising; and
(c) recommend a governance model, by:
- researching and collecting data on a variety of governance models;
- soliciting public input and participation from community organizations and groups;
- confirming values that will guide the development of a governance model; and
- ensuring the long-term sustainable operation of an arts and culture facility.
An appointment is for a two-year term and members may serve up to six years on the committee.
Jennifer Webb (Co-Chair), Barbara Brink, Rob Brown, Michael Evans, Richard Finley, Eric Fiss, Roz Seyednejad, and Jason Wexler (Co-Chair).
Christie Rosta, Cultural Services Manager