Arts Facilities Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Arts Facilities Advisory Committee (AFAC) is to make recommendations to staff and Council on the development of a new arts and culture facility that aligns with Council’s vision to make West Vancouver a liveable, vibrant, and inclusive community.
The AFAC will:
(a) confirm an arts and culture facility vision and concept, by:
- engaging with the arts and culture community, community user groups, and the public;
(b) recommend a framework for capital fundraising, by:
- researching best practices in capital fundraising for arts and culture facilities; and
- confirming best practices and developing a framework to guide capital fundraising; and
(c) recommend a governance model, by:
- researching and collecting data on a variety of governance models;
- soliciting public input and participation from community organizations and groups;
- confirming values that will guide the development of a governance model; and
- ensuring the long-term sustainable operation of an arts and culture facility.
An appointment or reappointment of a volunteer member is for a two-year term. A volunteer member may serve for up to six consecutive years on the committee.
Rob Brown, Richard Finley, Gavin Froome, Bo Helliwell, Elaine McHarg, Latash-Maurice Nahanee, Graham Nicholls (Co-Chair), Lesel Radage, Cynthia Sully (Co-Chair), Jennifer Webb, Jason Wexler, and Ronald Yaworsky.
Christie Rosta, Cultural Services Manager