Arts & Culture Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Arts & Culture Advisory Committee (ACAC) is to advise Council on the implementation of the West Vancouver Arts & Culture Strategy (2018–2023) and provide general oversight on arts and culture in the District of West Vancouver, taking into consideration the programming, physical administrative/governance, capital and operating funding, and ongoing operational aspects.
- provide guidance to staff and Council on areas of general oversight on arts and culture in West Vancouver
- advise and assist staff with prioritizing arts and culture strategies and incorporating them into annual divisional work plans
- work in conjunction with staff to oversee subcommittees formed to focus on specific strategies and review findings and recommendations
- provide input on the implementation of the West Vancouver Arts & Culture Strategy (2018–2023)
- review and comment on matters pertaining to the ACAC’s purpose as referred by staff or Council
Normally, two-year terms to a maximum of six years, with a one-year term for appointees from Council.
Patricia Bowles, Ann Frost, Sharon Habib, Paddy Macleod, Graham Nicholls, Scott Swan, Deborah Tiffany, Thomas Wardell and Bruce Milley
Doti Niedermayer, Senior Manager, Cultural Services
After suspending all committee, board and working group meetings in mid-March in an attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19, the District of West Vancouver is preparing to resume meetings via electronic communications facilities.
The Community Engagement Committee will resume meeting by video conference on May 28 and will discuss how best to enable public participation in District processes during the COVID-19 pandemic. Other committee meetings will gradually resume in June and July. Members of the public will still be able to attend committee meetings in person at Municipal Hall. The public will be able to listen to, and provide input during electronic meetings. Written submissions can also be submitted to staff liaisons and will be circulated to members prior to a meeting for their information.
Budget 2020 Subcommittee Meeting