Art Museum Advisory Committee
The Art Museum Advisory Committee (AMAC) acts as an advisory committee to Council and staff of the Parks, Culture & Community Services Division to guide long-term planning and to enhance and build community pride through the art museum’s programs and services. The AMAC also works with staff to set policy for the art museum’s public programs and services.
The primary functions of the committee are:
- Provide input, advocacy and advice on the Art Museum’s policies, procedures and strategic planning.
- Provide advice on all issues pertaining to the Art Museum’s Permanent Collection according to Council’s established policy and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation and enhancement of the Art Museum’s programs and services.
- Assist in fundraising initiatives.
- Provide a community link to business associations, residents and schools in an effort to develop partnerships, awareness and participation.
- Provide advice regarding best practices for opportunities to advance the Art Museum’s programs and services.
- Revise and comment on matters pertaining to the Art Museum’s purpose as referred by staff or Council.
The committee will annually:
- Provide an annual report and work plan to Council.
- Review the Terms of Reference.
An appointment or reappointment of a volunteer member is for a two-year term. A volunteer member may serve for up to six consecutive years on the committee.
The current members are appointed to the committee until December 31, 2021 or 2022, depending on when they were appointed.
Diana Becker, Sareh Donaher, Karen Duffek, Carolyn Gotay, Harry Greenwood, Bo Helliwell, Desiree LaCas, Francesca Patterson, and Massoume Price.
Doti Niedermayer, Senior Manager, Cultural Services
Hilary Letwin, Administrator/Curator