Art Museum Advisory Committee
The Art Museum Advisory Committee (AMAC) acts as an advisory committee to Council and staff of the Parks, Culture & Community Services Division to guide long-term planning and to enhance and build community pride through the art museum’s programs and services. The AMAC also works with staff to set policy for the art museum’s public programs and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary functions of the committee are:
- Provide input, advocacy and advice on the Art Museum’s policies, procedures and strategic planning.
- Provide advice on all issues pertaining to the Art Museum’s Permanent Collection according to Council’s established policy and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation and enhancement of the Art Museum’s programs and services.
- Assist in fundraising initiatives.
- Provide a community link to business associations, residents and schools in an effort to develop partnerships, awareness and participation.
- Provide advice regarding best practices for opportunities to advance the Art Museum’s programs and services.
- Revise and comment on matters pertaining to the Art Museum’s purpose as referred by staff or Council.
The committee will annually:
- Provide an annual report and work plan to Council.
- Review the Terms of Reference.
An appointment or reappointment of a volunteer member is for a two-year term. A volunteer member may serve for up to six consecutive years on the committee.
The current members are appointed to the committee until December 31, 2018.
Councillor Nora Gambioli
Diana Becker, Sareh Donaher, Karen Duffek, Carolyn Gotay, Harry Greenwood, Martin Kemble, Bo Helliwell, Desiree LaCas, Francesca Patterson, and Massoume Price
Doti Niedermayer, Senior Manager, Cultural Services
Hilary Letwin, Administrator/Curator
Art Museum Advisory Committee Meeting
Date: Tuesday, May 11
Time: 10 a.m.
Location: Electronic meeting via Webex
Number: 146 843 7705
Electronic meeting details
The Provincial Health Officer prohibits members of the public from attending in person to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Members of the public who wish to listen and provide input are encouraged to attend virtually via Webex.
Click the meeting link, enter your name, email address, and event password, then click "Join Now". Note: Only click "join by browser" if you do not plan on using your microphone.
Written submissions regarding matters that fall within the committee’s mandate can also be submitted to staff liaisons and will be circulated to members prior to a meeting for their information.